Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Birthday flashlight mod...


I tied a 13 lead 4 bight Turk's head knot, doubled, with gutted licorice (red/black interlace pattern) paracord around the body/grip section of an iProtec 1400 LED flashlight that my Ma & Pa gave me for my birthday.

I added a simple paracord wrist loop with the leftover bit of paracord after finishing the TH knot, using almost 14 total feet of paracord from the leftover remnant strand that I began with. The wrist loop is finished with a two-strand stopper knot.


When I started tying, I wasn't sure what I was going to do, whether it would be a basic Turk's head knot, herringbone or gaucho interweave, or adding in another color for a pineapple knot or other variation.  I just wanted to first see how far the 14 foot length of paracord I was working with would get me.

The loosely tied doubled knot left me with just enough slack for a wrist lanyard, so I kept that pattern, since anything else would probably interfered with the room I had with the tailcap and zoomable head function of the flashlight.  I might could still use a strand of 0.9mm cord to accent the knot if I haven't gotten it too tight...

The iProtec 1400 zoomable LED flashlight is the same as the NEBO Redline Blast model.


I was going to get all my flashlights that have a strobe mode and turn them on, pointing them at the front door for trick-or-treaters on Halloween yesterday, but sadly we had not a single visitor to our house.  The diabetics in the house are going to have fun eating all the candy we'd bought, lol...


No comments: